Slate run fly shop

A

alatt

Slate runs fly shop web site has not been updated in a while. Is there a problem?

Slate runs fly shop web site has not been updated in a while. Is there a problem?
Try the email or phone number and see if anyone responds. They still have a fly shop and had an updated blackboard last spring. They also had the sandwich counter and some essentials, but most of the other merchandise and displays seemed to be focused on the camping, biking, and hiking crowd.

I watched a youtube video about the people who owned it now, they seemed like big business people doing their best not to act that way. I have never been to slate run or their shop

Call. I called yesterday and got a great update. It's gonna be crowded up there this weekend.

I guess Tom Finkbiner finally sold it?

That was a good shop, but I haven't been up there for quite awhile.

Everything is basically the same. I was just there a few weeks ago. The fly shop is a Orvis dealer, also they have a little mix of fly tying materials. Not everything but sum essentials. They have all the flies you need to catch trout on Pine Creek. If you stop make sure you get a sandwich before you leave!

Are the sandwiches still the same ? That’s the most important question.

Same Sandwiches, had one this week. Roast beef with horsey on rosemary bread. It was amazing.

Everything is basically the same. I was just there a few weeks ago. The fly shop is a Orvis dealer, also they have a little mix of fly tying materials. Not everything but sum essentials. They have all the flies you need to catch trout on Pine Creek. If you stop make sure you get a sandwich before you leave!
I'm glad someone is keeping Slate Run store and fly shop going.

Lots of small country stores have closed up.

The new owners seem to be doing a good job keeping sandwich and ice cream shop going. Have essential groceries if your in need of last minute supplies. Gift shop is quite touristy. Fly shop as of last fall hadnt changed much.

I was there last week. Very little has changed, which in my opinion is a good thing! Most of the fly shop and store staff have been there for some time and are always very friendly and helpful. I tried to check their website before I went up last Sunday and noticed it was down. I mentioned it to them and they were not aware of the problem, but we're going to contact the website manager on Monday morning. I checked just now and it is still down.

Overall a great place to do business!!

I'm glad someone is keeping Slate Run store and fly shop going.

Lots of small country stores have closed up.
We have more sporting goods stores in Potter and Tioga county than I can ever remember. This area seems to be bucking the trend.

I stopped there late in the afternoon one day last week after nearly wearing myself out catching trout throughout the day on Little Pine. I think the temperature must have been close to 80° and I was hot and sweaty from being in my waders much of the day.

I had something to eat for my dinner in the cooler in my car, but opted to get a double scoop of ice cream in a cup instead. One scoop of raspberry swirl with chunks of chocolate on the bottom, topped with a scoop of peanut butter swirl on top. It’d been a long time since I had something that tasted that good.👍

Last edited:
I stopped there late in the afternoon one day last week after nearly wearing myself out catching trout throughout the day on Little Pine. I think the temperature must have been close to 80° and I was hot and sweaty from being in my waders much of the day.

I had something to eat for my dinner in the cooler in my car, but opted to get a double scoop of ice cream in a cup there instead. One scoop of raspberry swirl with chunks of chocolate on the bottom, topped with a scoop of peanut butter swirl on top. It’d been a long time since I had something that tasted that good.👍

Did they switch to Perry’s, or still Hershey’s?

Have any of you guys tried Waltz’s ice cream in Salladasburg? It’s homemade in tiny batches and really good. Cookies and cream or black cherry are my favorite. They have tea berry and the original chocolate malt recipe from the days as a general store. I’d highly recommend it!

I believe you can get Perry's at the Cedar Run General Store 5 miles up the road.

Back