Sinking lines w/built in loop connector?

V

VTPAangler

Does anyone know if anybody makes a sinking fly line with a built in loop connector at the end? I'm tired of tying that impossible knot every so often :-(

Option 1) Nail knot a piece of strong mono to the end of your fly line, then tie a loop in the end of the mono.

Option 2) Create loop in fly line, then bind down with thread, ramping it down to a smooth taper. Coat in Knotsense.

Option 3: Use the braided loop connectors and reinforce them with a few dozen wraps of thread and a whip finish. Coat in knotsense.

cortland slip on leader loops work great !! always get caught nymphing when a few decide to start rising ......!!!!

troutslammer wrote:
cortland slip on leader loops work great !! always get caught nymphing when a few decide to start rising ......!!!!

They have failed me three times in about 9 years. I recommend whip finishing them.

I'd just start shopping...on Cabelas web site or similar. If it has a loop connector they'll probably have a picture of it like this.

You can also buy long sinking tips. I use them for swinging bunny leeches for salmon/steel.

Rio sinking lines have built in loops

surprised to hear that jay , i use and friends use them and no one ever had any trouble , i melted the heat shrink with a hair dryer so the line didn't get weak from getting to hot

I had one work its way loose and slip off once...Chinese finger trap engineering is for carnivals and stints...

I've also had those braided loops fail. Easiest thing for me has been to take piece of heavier mono (I usually use Maxima leader material) and nail knot to the flyline then tie a perfection loop.

I've had braided loops fail on really big fish! My solution is to whip finish a loop on the end of the fly line. I haven't had a problem since.

Back