Since we're talking Greys Streamflex...

gfen

gfen

New rods are announced here.

They got a 10' 2wt and an 11' 3wt and 4wt now, and they're up to $320 for the 10' 4wt, too.

And then there's this thing here.

A 9'6" rod that "converts with an slide out extension" to a 10' rod.

I...I don't know. If it went from like 8' to 10', sure...But 6"? If you need it that bad, either reach with your six inch shorter rod, or stoop with your longer one.

Can not understand.

They are selling this as a perfect 9' 6" dry fly rod, but automagically becomes ultimate nymphing rod at 10' with the extra 6" BEHIND the reel seat. Ummmmm. Where does that extra 6" of reach come into play when the length from the handle to the tip is the same? You supposed to hold it at the 6" extension, you know that is nothing more than a graphite rod with no handle?

Were I not so lazy I would email and ask or drive over to Lancaster (their US distribution base and showroom) and ask for a demo.

-shrug-

FWIW, the #3 10' is a bit stiffer than I expected, although it feels good with a bit of weight on the end... I was using a Sylk DT, so it might change up with a different DT line, Sylk is kinda thin and I always assumed a bit wispy.

For a 10' rod it certainly has backbone and is "tip" rod. I liked it a lot.

gfen u will love that rod !

I'm not gonna rave yet, but it was cold, windy, and not very ideal.

I love 10' rods, though. This just confirms it, but I think its just too stiff for me. Needs more analysis. I'm sure I can sell it for what I put into it, though, so I'm still quite happy.

if your using it for euro nymphing which is what it is designed for i don't know that u want a soft rod for chucking weight arround but whatever u think

I can comfortably say that he's not using it for euro nymphing.

The man knows me.

Yet?

Back