Simple Tackle

J

JJZ

Cane rod, silk line & leader, Hardy reel, sun faded fishing bag, Wheatley & wets

Aesthetically pleasing? Yes. Simpler than modern gear? That's debatable.

PennKev wrote:
Aesthetically pleasing? Yes. Simpler than modern gear? That's debatable.
Coincidentally I was out the other day on a local Class A looking the part 100%. :)

As someone who takes care of my tackle regardless of its composition; meaning I leave rods out of their cases overnight and clean my lines after every trip, I actually find the “simple tackle” about the same or easier to maintain than my “modern” kit.

Even silk lines which I have recently adopted for all of my bamboo rods has become a revelation to me because it takes me LESS time to get ready for the next fishing trip versus a plastic line.

Of course, if you like to put your gear away and forget it until the next time out and only clean a fly line when it no longer floats the point is valid.

My tackle is just as simple.

Not nearly so expensive, though.

I am with you for everything except the Wheatley.

I use altoid tins . I like perrine too,but,altoid tins are the best.

I've got to agree with PennKev. Yes, it's far more aesthetically pleasing (and largely the way I fish) but depending on how you define "simpler" I don't believe it is. To me it's no more or less simple than the plastic stuff currently in vogue, just different.

Back