simms waders

P

pennsadventures

i am interested in bettering a pair of these and wonder what some of you guys think about simms.

Is there any cons to there waders...I am going through a pair a year right now and its getting out of hand!

just wondering what everyone thinks of simms

what are u wearing now and how much do u fish , i have a pair of simms l2's the old gore tex , i bet i am in them over 100 times a yr maybe more , they are 2 yrs old and they have sprung leaks but not at any seams , mostly from jaggers and sticks , brookie fishing is probably harder on them than the normal approved trout waters i fish and occasionally a brookie stream , my friend is a guide out in colorado and he wears the simms g3's and he gets 3-4 yrs out of em and nobody can possibly be in their waders more than he is

I have a pair of Simms "Headwaters" Gore-Tex waist highs. I have almost two years wear on them. No leaks whatsoever. The only problem I have is the gravel guards need to be replaced. I have wore holes in them and also have a tear in one. I thought I would send them back for new guards after I'm done fishing for the year ( Jan. maybe). I really like them. I guess I'll see how good the warranty is when I send them back for repair!

i am in them alot...at least 100 to 150 days a year if not more. I just want a wader that is going to hold up for at least 2 years....i might buy l.l. bean just because they will replace anything at anytime.

mine get leaks everyone but the seams too. I am hard on them but i just want to them to hold up

If you are sold on getting Simms waders, get them from LL Bean. You can have the LL Bean guarantee and the Simms quality along with their warranty.

I have about 3 years on my Patagonia Watermaster waders and fish +150 days a year. No problems. One of the best warranties in the biz. I do take care of them though. I always hang them to dry, store them properly, a yearly wash with Nikwax tech-wash and apply revivex . They will be sent back this year for fix / replacement.

Yes, they are salty. However, I am a very big believer in"you get what you pay for".

Zach Matthews @ Itinerant Angler posted some new products for 2011 and waders are on the list.

Good luck with your search.

Back