simms g3 waders

A

atticus

Want to purchase Simms G3 waders and checked out the size chart. Tons of sizes but I don't fit exactly into any size. Ill go to a fly shop to try on but they don't have all the sizes in stock. I,m 5'11'', 31'' inseam, chest 46'', 208 lbs and shoe size 11 1/2. Was wondering if anyone was about my dimensions and what size fits them well.

you sound like you are closest to a large king to me.
I have a similar problem where I'm on the edge of inseam length. A large size inseam (33-34) is just a bit short, while the LL or XL is a bit too long. Simms has the largest number of sizes, get as close as possible.
The biggest problem for you might be the bootie. Simms is generous in its sizing of the bootie- they give enough space to accommodate heavy socks. I think the 9-11 might be ok if you don't have real heavy socks. I tried on a 9-11 bootie model and it was ok with my size 12 foot, but would be tight with heavy socks when sliding on the booties- it was tighter going on than once in them. I brought three different "outfits" with me (summer, winter layering) to the shop. I felt like a bride trying out 12 wedding dresses! In the end I went a big larger.
Keep in mind if they don't have the right size in the G3's in the shop you can try on that size in the headwaters model. The sizing is identical. Finally, Simms offers custom sizes. Not sure how much more this is. If its a question of putting a larger size bootie on a LK, it might not be too much

best of luck.

I have the G4's. size large regular.
Bought about 8 years ago, they fit me good then.

Unfortunately, I've gained some weight since, and they're kinda tight on me now.
I'm about the same body dimensions as you.
6 ' tall, 32" inseam, shoe size 11.
Weight is now up to 230, though.

I bought the headwater waders a few years ago in X Large, with the 12/13 booties.
And they fit well. Even allowing extra room for thermals in cold weather.
Better a little large than too tight IMO

Unless I shed some serious weight - which would nice - these will be my size from now on

I am 5'11'', 33 in inseam, 212 lbs. chest ... I don't really know. I use size XLS in G3s and they fit great.

Patagonia is a better wader if you ask me. Of all the ones I have tried they are best fit and lasted longest. The company was also easy to deal with while Simms not so much.

if it helps, I just ordered a pair of G3's after trying them on in a shop.

I'm 5'8" @ 175lbs and needed a large-short. regular Mediums were too long and didn't have enough room for heavy clothes. Large was just too long, but perfect in the waste and chest.

In the past I've done fine with just plain mediums but the trend seems to be towards slim cut sizing compared to the past. For reference it's been over 4 years since I last bought a pair of Simms.

Trying and buying n a real shop was a huge help this time around. I don't think i would have ever ordered a large-short in a sight-unseen situation.

I went with a custom pair, Large King with the larger bootie

Back