Simms G3 Guide Stockingfoot Wader

N

nOObmaster

Anyone own these waders? got a good deal, couldnt pass up.
i bought size small, foot size is 7-8 (on chart). my shoe size is 8.5.
Medium body is too big.

I Like them. I bought mine 4 years ago on sale. They are holding up well. Simms has good range of sizes. They are becoming expensive.

i had the G3s prior to 2018. and i also bought the 2018 G3s when they first came out. now 2023 with no issues what so ever. and i abuse my waders.

I got the 2019 G3s and same as above, best waders I've had. Not even a repair yet and most waders I've owned have had a small leak within a year but not the G3s.

I bought 3 pairs over the last 20 years (and have a forth ready NIB when I need them). I love them, they are great. I'm a 100-125 trip a year fisherman and fish "actively".
Take care of them and they will last. I rise them off after every trip, always hang them do the inside dries and wash them twice a year. Fit them well by adjusting the straps and keep in mind they need regular adjusting. I also bring them in from the garage during extreme weather >90 or <20. I make sure they are away from the gas tanks of yard equipment
I find they wear out between the legs in the crotch first, at least for me. The material rubs. I think It's more of a "me problem" because I'm kind of between sizes. The L is not large enough in places, but the XL is a little too big.
I have cut the legs off just below the crotch once the crotch area fails and use them a couple of years as hip waders- another way to get more time out of a pair.

I really like the flip out tippet tender and pouch.

Last edited:
L too small but xl too big? Try large king.

Thanks for suggestion. I tried that. I need the 12-13 foot. I might have to consider the custom service next time. Although I just saw the price of the new G3s 700.00! By the time I go through my unused pair, they'll be 1000! I might have to re-think my choice in waders then

Back