Shu Fly Switch Rods

Big-Bass

Big-Bass

After doing some steelhead fishing last week, I would like to possibly buy a switch rod but since I do not plan on going more than a few times per year, I don't want to break the bank. I looked into Shu Fly rods and they offer an 11 foot 7 weight switch that has an interchangeable butt section that has the switch butt but also a smaller fighting butt. Has anyone ever used these rods? How are the components, blanks, cork? I don't expect them to match $800 rods but hopefully they are of quality. The one I am looking at is only priced at $145. For that same price though, I could get a Cabela's LSI or TLR only they don't have the interchangeable system. I think they will be at the Somerset show to try out but I am not sure. Any thoughts or help would be appreciative. Thanks.

I have one of their 10 foot 7wt I use for steelhead and I love it. My local shop sells the crap out of them. Fished erie with the guy that owns the shop and some other guys they all had the 11 ft 7 wts and they are pretty nice rods. Every shu fly I've tried is nice. The only bad thing I can say is there isn't a hook keeper on their rods

Back