Sherman's Creek, Perry co. Pa

bushwacker

bushwacker

Can Anyone in the area tell me if shermans Creek near dunncannon, pa is in any condition to be kayaked this weekend? Was thinking about delville bridge to the mouth. May try another float trip Sunday as well so any suggestions would be appreciated. Put in and take out info would be great. As I'm not familiar with this stream. Thanks

bushwacker wrote:
Can Anyone in the area tell me if shermans Creek near dunncannon, pa is in any condition to be kayaked this weekend? Was thinking about delville bridge to the mouth. May try another float trip Sunday as well so any suggestions would be appreciated. Put in and take out info would be great. As I'm not familiar with this stream. Thanks

It looks like it's flowing at normal levels according to this.

The Harrisburg / Susky River gauge barely moved up after the storm.

I was out near Newburg this afternoon and there were several pretty heavy storms that rolled through. I would think that Sherman's had to get hit by one or two of them. I'd say you're probably okay but just keep an eye on that gauge to see if anything flushes down from up River.

Big kayak tournament on river this weekend. Over 100 entries. Iaconelli my favorite is in town. Interested to see how he does.

Back