Shakespeare micro series fly rod

Jessed

Jessed

Was at my local Walmart and in the corner of my eye in the back of all these spinning rods. For $15 dollars it was the best pickup I've had in a while. I remember seeing a video on Jim misiura's channel about how nice this rod was. If the reel seat wasn't plastic this would be absolutely perfect. Anyone have one? If so did you try and replace the reel seat?

Haven't seen it but I'm glad it's a good rod. Wanting to change the reel seat could lead you into the dangerous world of rod building. I built many rods while I was in high school and college. When I started working after college I had a lot more cash and a lot less time so I bit the bullet and bought high end rods.

If you want the reel seat changed have at it. Building rods teaches you what you want in a rod and if you get good you can make some really great tools. I stopped building rods when I I figured out two things. The first was I knew exactly what types of rods I liked using. The second was I realized I wasn't as good at building rods as the people who worked at Scott and sage. This isn't a knock on rodbuilders, there are plenty of good ones out there, but I'm not one of them.

If you want help swapping out the reel seat I could walk you through it.

I think I'm gonna to leave it alone! Ittle be a good rod to just keep in the truck. But still can't beat it for $15

Back