Serious stuff here

Walleigh_World

Walleigh_World

I have 2-3 hundred dollars to spend on Waders,Boots, and new fly line :D. Help me out with what to buy please!

ll bean waders and boots, fly line - sage / rio or orvis

Cortland 444 line. And if you are young and have good ankles, I'd skip the boots and go with bootfoot to save money. Some might scoff at my next suggestion, but I bought a cheap pair of ProLine Breathables 5 years ago and finally got my first leak in them last fall. I have nothing bad to say about them.

good deals on line and wading gear...

http://www.mrfc.com/MadisonRiverShopping/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=4

Gotta agree with Festus on the Cortland and the bootfoots , Clouser turned me on to Cortland lines and although i tried others i think they have it down the best and the price is good , Cortland=best bang for yer buck , the Pro-Line bootfoot , lightweights lasted me 6 years , best pair of hippers i ever had , i had to go with stockingfooters when i lost my leg , you can find a good pair of stockingfooters and wading boots at Cabelas' for around hundred bucks , as for the Cortland they have the best deal direct mail order.

I'll back Osprey for the Cabela's waders and boots. Although if you can find the Prolines, they are amazingly durable for the price. Cortland is the est bang for the buck...that said, Cabela's lines are said to be Cortland line and can usually be found slightly cheaper then the brand name.

Here is my suggested shopping list.

Fly line $30

Good line, cheap and already has the loop on front.

Waders

I like these better than the Premium Dry Plus because they are thicker behind the knees and butt which is where mine are wearing along the seams from sitting and sliding up and down banks.
The Premium Dry Plus can save you some money if you are really tight and are comboed with boots right now for $20 off.

Thes boots are fine and are on sale and the same ones that come with the Premium waders.

You coud get out of this for just over 200 if you don;t see the wading jackets, the leader and tippet 4 pks, the cool fly boxes, hats, chest packs.... :-D

tomgamber wrote:
I'll back Osprey for the Cabela's waders and boots. Although if you can find the Prolines, they are amazingly durable for the price. Cortland is the est bang for the buck...that said, Cabela's lines are said to be Cortland line and can usually be found slightly cheaper then the brand name.

Here is my suggested shopping list.

Fly line $30

Good line, cheap and already has the loop on front.

Waders

I like these better than the Premium Dry Plus because they are thicker behind the knees and butt which is where mine are wearing along the seams from sitting and sliding up and down banks.
The Premium Dry Plus can save you some money if you are really tight and are comboed with boots right now for $20 off.

Thes boots are fine and are on sale and the same ones that come with the Premium waders.

You coud get out of this for just over 200 if you don;t see the wading jackets, the leader and tippet 4 pks, the cool fly boxes, hats, chest packs.... :-D

This is exactly what I suggested him. And those wading jackets on sale for 60-70 bucks....it sucked me in. I LOVE it. So did the 4 pack of tippets, and a fly box heh

Haha, i think im gonna buy the combo waders and boots, they look nice. have you ever tried them? thats definitely worth the $170. And the $30 for line isnt bad. Is it good? i do want floating line, and since i have a 5/6 reel and rod should i buy 5 weight?

WW,

I had a pair of those boots from Cabelas. If you don't fish a ton, they should work just fine. Mine started blowing out on the sides during the first season. They made it 2 more seasons before being retired. I live an hour or so from the Cableas store so drove down to see how stuff fit. If you get over this way, I'd really suggest trying on the stuff before buying. They'll exchange but it also will save you a bunch of hassle. Depending on your build, their waders were cut a little different than some of the other brands. I have short legs, weigh 175 and got a different fit from each Cableas line that I tried on.

If you can save a decent amount on the waders, I'd look at splurging a little on the line. Rio Gold, SA Mastery, 444 Cortland are some good floating lines to check out.

You could make a day. Look at waders and then try them out on the Tully.

Yeah we live about 30 mins from cabelas so that is very easy. I think me and him are gunna go up together next week and I'll set him up good, and mybe treat myself to some toys too ;)

Albright for waders.

Hook and Hackle for Cortland knock off line.

You'll have money left to shop for other things

well the thing is, my dad wants to order it offline, hes too lazy to go up there and buy it. i might just have to ask him if i can take the 300 and go buy #OOPS# with native

sight_nymph_17109 wrote:
WW,

I had a pair of those boots from Cabelas. If you don't fish a ton, they should work just fine. Mine started blowing out on the sides during the first season. They made it 2 more seasons before being retired.

I still have a pair on their 4th season. They also have an upgraded pair on sale but for your first pair this is an easy choice. If they last 2 years its worth the 30 bucks.

The line is fine...on sale even better. You'll have 100 bucks left over.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0078340&type=pod&cmCat=cat20437_feat... Its floating and weight forward, and from what im hear RIO is a good company. and its on sale which is even better :)

Walleigh_World wrote:
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0078340&type=pod&cmCat=cat20437_feat... Its floating and weight forward, and from what im hear RIO is a good company. and its on sale which is even better :)

How do ya'll feel about this

albrightflyfishing.com has breathable waders for like 69.00 , if u get a couple years out of em then pitch em , cheap wading boots too , like 39.00 , buy some cortland line and get a new rod to boot , thats what i would do , just watch the briar bushes and sharp sticks along the banks

I own the above Cabela's boots, but with the studs.

I'm hard on footwear, including wearing them for a week in the saltwater, and they're still in great shape. I figure they'll ban felt before I trash these.

The waders, on the other hand, blew the seam in less than a season. They did send me a new pair, but next time I'm buying LL Bean's.

troutslammer wrote:
albrightflyfishing.com has breathable waders for like 69.00 , if u get a couple years out of em then pitch em , cheap wading boots too , like 39.00 , buy some cortland line and get a new rod to boot , thats what i would do , just watch the briar bushes and sharp sticks along the banks

Problem with Albright is that (as it says right on the site) they are always out of stock.

I just got Airflo Ridge Line Tactical fly line (WF5F). I am new to fly fishing but it was a total upgrade over the "beginner" line that was on my reel when I bought it. It comes in a peach color. I'd get more feedback on it before deciding, but to me, I love it. It cost me about $50 at my local fly shop.

Back