September in Colorado and Utah

gfoledc

gfoledc

I spent the month of September in Colorado and Utah fishing all but 3 days. First three weeks in South Central Colorado. Frying Pan, South Platt, Arkansas, Eagle, Colorado and Blue Rivers.
Some good info from 3wt 7x got me started on The Arkansas and Crystal Lake.
Help from Breckenridge Outfitters got me to a lot of other good spots. Pat guide from Pittsburgh Pa took us to the South Platt ( Dream Stream ) lots of fish some nice ones 15" to 16"
Fished Frying Pan for two days overcast Bwo hatch almost all day average fish 15" one Rainbow 21"
Eagle River fished well with a lot of fish 15"+
Drove to Park City Utah met up with AFISHIN from the forum. Tom and I fished the Provo River for a week worked hard and caught fish. Provo has lots of Trout but they are real smart.
Spent a day with Peter manager and guide for Trout Bum 2 . Great guy and excellent guide. Long hike but got us into a ton of fish.
One of the highlights of the trip was AFISHIN's cooking great meal every evening. Great guy to spend a week fishing with.
Stopped on the way home to fish Williams Fork of Colorado, long hike great river lots of fish I did not catch anything over 12" but they are in there.
Spent last day in Rocky Mountain National Park fishing for brook trout, tons of fish from 2" to 10" had a few for my last meal in Colorado
Already planning for next year

Sounds like a fantastic trip Roger!
And I still think thats the prime time to be out west.
Maybe next year I'll be able to join you out there.

Bill, already planning next years trip

gfoledc wrote:
Bill, already planning next years trip

Wow, that's advanced planning!
I'll see what you guys come up with - and go from there.
I would only be able to come out for a week or so though.

Way to go Roger. Sounds like you had a wonderful trip.

GenCon

Mike, it was a great trip. Good company, beautiful weather and lots of nice fish.

If you have room count me in for 2 weeks.
I'll even drive out with you if you don't have company

Well I hope to be retired for the second time come next SEP. I am planning on an Elk hunting trip to WY and hope to stick around for another week or so to Fly fish.

Back