Semi-Success on the Lackawanna

djs12354

djs12354

Fished the Lackawanna on Saturday with my friend, Dan.

River was pretty high, with many of our normal spots unfishable. This drove us to try a different strech, just to be able to wet a line. After about 30 minutes of fishing Dan had a brief hook-up of a solid fish.

Things quieted down as we worked different sections of the river and had our fishing interrrupted by a large beaver. He swam around us a couple of times then disappeared upstream.

Shortly before we left, I managed to hookup a good sized brown. HHe made my day with a couple of splashy jumps and some good runs. Sadly, he came off atfter letting me bring him in close enought to get a good look at him.

Hoping the levels drop to normal soon so I have a beeter chance of gettting him and his cousins to the net.

You're braver than I am. All week I was planning to hit the Lack on Saturday. I got home from work after a couple days on the road, checked the USGS gauge and decided maybe next week. Way too high for me.

Cathy

Basically did not get in the water. Area we fished had some steep dropoffs and we were very careful not to get in past knee deep. Flow was dang fast!

Dave

Back