Seeking fishing partner

wbranch

wbranch

I'm not going to beat around the bush, as I've aged I'm having problems getting the Hyde back on the trailer at the end of the day. I can get it off the trailer by myself as long as I can get the rear roller under water. I can also row fine all day long. I had two instances in 2022 where I couldn't get the boat back on the trailer. Luckily for me both times some guys graciously helped me.

I've decided not to go to Montana this year and instead want to take two 5 - 7 trips, floating everyday. Probably the first trip as soon as I get through physical therapy from my hip replacement. The second trip some period in June when the Sulfurs are emerging on the WB and main. I'm looking for a dedicated fisherman willing to be on the river all day. Putting in early a couple of days to throw streamers for big fish. Taking an afternoon break and fishing until dusk. I'm offering free lodging at my cabin for the entire trip. I would like to share the cost of the daily shuttle fee of $30 - $40. In return I need help getting the boat in position at the ramp while I get the car and back the trailer into the river. Then hooking up on the bow cleat and cranking the winch up tight.

As many of you know I typically only cast to rising trout. But if my partner wants to get out and wade fish a run for an hour or so I'm fine with that. I'll either fish blind or get out and nymph also. If anyone is interested you can PM me. I don't want to conduct a dialog on the open forum and I'm sure any one not interested wouldn't want to follow it either. I typically float the WB from Barking Dog to Shehawken. Barking Dog to Balls Eddy or Balls Eddy to Shehawken. I float the main to Buckingham. I prefer not to float the EB.

Matt…
I’d be happy to help.
You are fishing my favorite waters.
You can teach me how to handle a boat, among other fishing skills.
Jim

Matt,

You are welcome to grab a seat if one is open when I am up. The bad news....If conditions are good, we'll float sections that you probably don't want to go to. We rotate fishing spots every fish or two. Might be a beer or 3 had and there's definitely swearing involved 😁

Hi Matt, I contacted you a while back and sent you another PM. I am up there 4 or more days a week all season. I have a trailer on the East Branch. Glad to help you out and fish. I am predominatly a dry fly fisherman but do cast streamers.

I will be up on the WB on 4/14-4/16 and again the following weekend. We will have 2 boats up there on 4/14-4/16, but they may be full that weekend and maybe only one boat on 4/20-4/22, but should be a spot open. Other times we may have as many as 4 boats. If we have a seat open in our boats you are more than welcome to join us. I am sure we will be back several more times for sulphurs and in the fall to fish streamers or whenever the river is flowing high. We fish like you do, so not a problem there. Send me a PM with your cell number and I will reach out to you. We don't need anything, but someone to share rowing duties.

Rob

@krayfish2, out-swearing me is quite the challenge.

@wbranch, this sounds like the exact thing I'd like to do, but unfortunately work right now is preventing from me doing such a thing. I'd have no problems just rowing you about, gaining knowledge of the watershed. Putting a boat back on the trailer is small price to pay for the wealth of knowledge that will be bestowed upon the angler that takes you up on this very fine offer. I honestly just enjoy sitting back and watching the pros work their magic. I can't replicate what those old cats do, it's downright impressive!

It would be neat fish with/apprentice a more experienced fisher. If I was able to work this I'd let you call the shots on where/when we fish. I have an almost militant ideology when it comes to this sport, and that is that the more experienced angler calls the shots. I'd be the one calling the shots if I were the senior angler, just the way it works. A lot of the young guys need to learn to earn their keep. Trading a bit of manual labor for the language of a creek, count me in I say! If I can get the days off...

@krayfish2, out-swearing me is quite the challenge.

@wbranch, this sounds like the exact thing I'd like to do, but unfortunately work right now is preventing from me doing such a thing. I'd have no problems just rowing you about, gaining knowledge of the watershed. Putting a boat back on the trailer is small price to pay for the wealth of knowledge that will be bestowed upon the angler that takes you up on this very fine offer. I honestly just enjoy sitting back and watching the pros work their magic. I can't replicate what those old cats do, it's downright impressive!

It would be neat fish with/apprentice a more experienced fisher. If I was able to work this I'd let you call the shots on where/when we fish. I have an almost militant ideology when it comes to this sport, and that is that the more experienced angler calls the shots. I'd be the one calling the shots if I were the senior angler, just the way it works. A lot of the young guys need to learn to earn their keep. Trading a bit of manual labor for the language of a creek, count me in I say! If I can get the days off...

Bring it 😳. I have fishing and golfing tourettes

Back