Secluded Stream for fishing and camping

P

PATroutMan

Does anyone know of any secluded streams around the southcentral part of PA that I am able to camp and fish at? I live in york

Stony creek. Flows through the beautiful St Anthony wilderness.

There are many very nice, remote streams here in SC PA with nearby camping options.

Start your search by familiarizing yourself with State Forests and larger tracts of public land. Many have smaller state parks within them where camping is available. Primitive camping options also exist as well.
Also, check out the Fish and Boat website and look for streams categorized as "Class A" or "Wilderness" and match these with camping options. This will get you pointed in the right direction.

You can't camp along Stony. Camping is not permitted on state game lands, except along the Appalachian Trail, and then for only one night. Get yourself the Michaux and Tuscarora SF maps, plenty of streams and places to camp.

I appreciate the help. thanks guys

Caledonia SP has a nice CG, and it is in the middle, sort of, of Michaux SF. Fishing can be good in that State Forest. Many streams are not stocked so C & R is the order of the day for those streams. ATW's 3 fish a day.

Back