Scott G and Ross San Miguel 2??Trade??

M

mojotrout

Scott G2 8'8" 4/5 .Like new fished once and lawn cast a few times.
Some darkening of the grip,from a water based sealant I applied.Otherwise pristine.Factory tube and bag.

Ross San Miguel sm2. Excellent condition,Just a little bit of minor
"rim rash"
The reel is spooled with WF5F (yellow) shark skin, backing and a
Cutt Throat furled leader.

A very attractive and nicely matched outfit!

I would consider trading for a 7-8' 4-5 wgt. Cane of equal or greater
value..

PM me and we can chat and swap pics

Hey mojotrout, what brand of bamboo are you thinking for the Scott and the Ross reel?
I have a few great bamboo rods. Let me know the age of the Ross reel, not real familiar with them, I assume the Scott rod is 5 or 6 years old?
Pictures of both the rod and reel would help, not sure how the cork could be cleaned if you used a waterproof sealer. Any further info would be helpful.
I'm located in State College, let me know your location.
Thanks, Jim

Hi Jim~

Thanks for asking. Couldn't say how old the reel is .They stopped making them several years ago ,citing the precision and quality required made them too expensive to produce . They are
going for $300-$500 on the vintage market . this one shows some use , but is still in very good condition and has close to $100 bucks worth of line on it.In real good condition. You should Google Ross San Miguel. Many Feel they are one of the finest reels ever produced.

The Scott G2: Just got it out and looked at it and I DIDN'T put any sealant on that grip.I know I fished it once, but it is pristine.I see them with a retail tag of up to $740.(And I thinK THAT'S FRIGGIN NUTS!!!)

I wouldn't ?couldn't ask anything close to that .But just to give us a point of reference

I really don"t know Just what I want,other than 7'-8' 4/5 wgt prefer 3 piece. I guess I 'll know it when I see it.There aer a few that I really like Phillipson Peerless 7-8' 4-6wgt 3piece. I could just as easily be a custom from an unknown maker that catches my eye.

If You are still interested let me know.and I'll get some pictures together.

I live in Northumberland,so we're not to distant.

Thanks mojotrout
Dave Albright
damoe9777@gmail.com
570-473-8680 don't hesitate to call

Check ur messages

Back