Scott fly rod

• Thread starter IdratherbePhishing
  • Start date
I

IdratherbePhishing

Recently saw this scott 9 foot 3 weight rod and forgot to look at the model it was used and for a good price. Looked on their site and tried to google it with no info. Any help would be great and I know that's not a lot of info but I couldn't find anything on it. Maybe it's older I don't know. Was thinking of buying it

Picture or Link?

No it was in yellow breeches shop used was 2 pc. Me being dumb forgot to look. And went back they were closed

O you did not mention it was in a fly shop and did not purchase it.

call them up and ask... why bother guessing? After you get that info then you can research the value but that's only the start point, you really should have casted it... if you don't check ebay to see what it's selling for just in case you don't like it that you can sell it and break even. good luck

Yea prolly shoulda mentioned that guess I'll just call down there tomorrow.

Here is a basic guide to value on used scot rods:

A2 - $100-$125

A3 models - used $125-$175

S4 - $300

T2H - $400

This is the most you could expect to get out of a used one in excellent condition. Selling rods is a tall order anymore. Pretty much assume at a starting point a used current model rod is only worth 50-60% of the retail value. Last years models are worth 30-50% of their original value. Even though you will find that alot of older rods are just as good as current models. I have found over the years that I had older models that I think out perform newer rods. Rods don't seem to hold value like reels do. Reels rarely break or need services where rods break alot and most used rods don't carry much of a warranty or so they say. However I have had numerous rods owned by others that have broken over the years and have little problem getting them serviced for the standard warranty fees (usually $40-$50) That being said if it is a good deal I wouldn't hesitate to buy a used rod.

I have looked at all those rods you have listed. None of them have a nine foot three weight. So I'm lost to what model it is. Ybo was closed today so I could not find out. But thank you for your help CC and sbecker!

I am pretty sure Scott made a 9ft 3wt, or are you saying YB does not have it on their site?

It could be a E series or a G Series. Find out what it is and shoot me a PM, I can easily get you a value on it. If it isn't a current model rod, it might not be worth what they are asking. The old G series rods were nice they are a moderate to slow action, good dry fly rod, most of those rods were 8'8" though. It might be a old E series rod (green blank) they were a middle grade rod. I still fish a 10' 7wt. When I bought mine it retailed for around $500, that was about 6 years ago. Right now they sell for around $150 on the open market. Nice rod, a little heavy though compared to rods of today, however a 9' 3 wt would most likely be fine.

No it wasn't green. It was black for sure Scott written in red. Shoulda looked rather than run u guys around like this. The reel seat looked cork too. Maybe it wasn't 9 foot but that's what the hand written tag he had on it said. I'll call when they open tomorrow. And I don't even think they have a site anymore. I tried but got server error. I'll shoot you a pm Tom chrome. And no sbecker I was looking on the Scott site.

If it wasn't 9' and was had red writing on it with a all cork handle it sounds to me like it might likely be a fibertouch meaning it was a fiberglass rod.

The old fibertouch series had greenish blue writing and the G series had red writing. Hope that helps.

The Scott at the Yellow Breeches is a G series I looked at it today
Justin

You think it's worth the money they're askin j?

I think I would see if the YB would come down a little on the price but overall the rod appeared to be in good shape,
Justin

Back