Scissors

NewSal

NewSal

Anyone try the new loon scissors yet? They seem to be marketing them pretty hard, the two models look like they are almost identical to the Dr Slick all-purpose, and arrow point. I am in the market for a new pair of scissors, I love the Dr Slick all-purpose, and the razor style. If anyone has the loons let me know how you like them, and especially if you have the loons and the slick all-purposes, are they identical?

I looked at the loos and dr slicks recently. I ended up with the Dr Slicks. The fit and finish on the dr slicks suited my tastes much better than the loons.

Just got a pair of the Loon ergo arrow scissors, and to be honest - I dont think I'll ever buy another pair of scissors that aren't Anvil.

I have two pairs of expensive Dr Slick. I now have the loon. I have had the anvil's the longest, and they are still the sharpest and most precise I have. The loon's aren't "bad", nor are the Dr slick. But neither hold a candle to my old (15 year old probably) anvils.

I have Anvil, Tiemco and Dr Slicks. I like the Anvils the best but the others cut just fine. Just my preference.

I feel like I need to try out the Anvil's now.

I have a pair and they are pretty much Dr. Slicks with yellow handles . I wonder how they are comparable in price .

NewSal wrote:
Anyone try the new loon scissors yet? They seem to be marketing them pretty hard, the two models look like they are almost identical to the Dr Slick all-purpose, and arrow point. I am in the market for a new pair of scissors, I love the Dr Slick all-purpose, and the razor style. If anyone has the loons let me know how you like them, and especially if you have the loons and the slick all-purposes, are they identical?

What model of Anvils do you guys use? The finger loops are adjustable correct? Whats the material feel like? The website doesn't have a whole lot of info on the specs

Not sure what model mine are. They are just the generic arrow style scissors. And yes, I am sure you could bend the "handle" wire if need be.

May actually sell my Dr slicks if anyone is interested. Theyre the Dr slick arrow and hair prism (rainbow finish) scissors.

I still have and use an original set of Herter's scissors as well as the Dr. Slick scissors. I like them both.

fiskars 4 inch detail scissors for the small stuff

il_570xN.664805455_excn.jpg

fiskars office scissors for the big stuff

Fiskars-1294518697WJ-The-Original-OrangeHandled-Scissors-8.jpg

Chet, I cannot believe those are the scissors you use for the quality of flies you tie

Norm proves it is not the brush, it is the artist wielding it!

these are fun for feathers or fur,but don't use them on wire or thread.
http://kamisorishears.com/kamisori-champion-professional-haircutting-shear/

i also use fiskars.

shakey wrote:
these are fun for feathers or fur,but don't use them on wire or thread.
http://kamisorishears.com/kamisori-champion-professional-haircutting-shear/

i also use fiskars.

Only $950?? thats a bargain

nfrechet wrote:
fiskars 4 inch detail scissors for the small stuff

il_570xN.664805455_excn.jpg

fiskars office scissors for the big stuff

Fiskars-1294518697WJ-The-Original-OrangeHandled-Scissors-8.jpg

Really? Those 4 inch tips are are pretty wide, I coudnt imagine doing the cuts I do now with those scissors.
But obviously you make them work, you da man

Back