Saxonburg, South Butler area spots?

L

Lostinpa

Asking particularly about Thorn creek. I just moved to the area and noticed some of the pull offs and it's not that far from me. I grew up fishing the slippery rock and always knew where I could park and go. A few of the pull offs have posted signs by them, wondering if anyone here fishes that creek atall if so ever and problems with people and were to avoid.

Thorn is ok as long as it is stocked and yes the well worn paths will take you to the holes. Look for posted signs by some pull offs. I've always encountered a lot of snakes on that stream.

From Saxonburg, You would be better off fishing Buffalo Creek in Armstrong Co or Bull Creek in Allegheny Co. Both are also stocked but Buffalo Creek has a nice delayed harvest and Keystone Select section.
That creek is better from your South Butler location.

Awesome, thankyou for the info. Thorn creek being "ok" was the vibe I got with the over abundance of power bait laying everywhere. I will definitely check out the other 2 creeks.

This map is very nice and will get you to where you want to fish! Click on layers you are looking for.

Bull will be similar to Thorn.

Buffalo Creek is nice and gets stocked well too.

the map below might be a bit easier to use and will help with stocking sections. choose your county, then water name

Buffalo was fishing well a couple of weeks ago. Water temp was still a bit chilly 56 with the sun on it all day, little black stones were coming off when the sun came out. Only saw a few rises but did ok on peacock wolly bugger and little black soft hackles. Place was crowded but that was before opening day so maybe pressure has eased up a bit but it has always been a heavily fished stream.
Good luck.

This is awesome info, thankyou both for the help!

Buffalo should be fishing well the next few weeks!

Its still getting stocked ;)

Back