Saw Creek -Bushkill PA?

D

dubthethorax

We just got to our rental and saw creek runs literally right behind the property. I checked it out. Saw one rise and it’s low but fishable. Is it worth trying out?

The section above Whittaker Rd is stocked and has wild brookies and is scenic.If you don't mind a hike the section in the Thunder Swamp has wild brookies and is decent size.Red Rock Run in the same area is some nice small stream fishing for brooks,a good place to get away from people and all are on public land.

Yes. Beautiful back there.

Thanks guys!

You saw a rise....Then "yes", even if it was a fall fish or sucker. It's still worth fishing if it's right behind the house.

Not sure how long you'll be there but I believe Tues morning is calling for rain.

the rises turned out to be tiny, tiny brookies. They're almost minnow sized. I hooked one on a 24 griffiths gnat lol. Didnt see any fish over 3 inches so far. Water is really low so they must be condensed into some deeper pools. Just need to find them.

Jealous you have brook trout in your back yard, congrats!! Not familiar with the stream but always good to have a thermometer, Brook trout serum cortisol(stress hormone) starts to increase around 64-65 degrees. Hopefully there is also some near by warm water species near your cabin too. Good luck!

well, back from the trip. Saw Creek was pretty much a wash due to super low water levels. We also fished the Bushkill and caught a skunk as well. Wound up spending our time slamming largemouth on hoppers at the resort ponds. Still fun times.

well, back from the trip. Saw Creek was pretty much a wash due to super low water levels. We also fished the Bushkill and caught a skunk as well. Wound up spending our time slamming largemouth on hoppers at the resort ponds. Still fun times.
There are beautiful pickerel to pursue on the fly up there as well in general area

Good plan B or C? The Bushkill is probably bath water this time of year. It looks great, but a lot of the water upstream was ponded for ice production back in the day, I believe Hardly even a coolwater fishery by this time each year.

Yes, I caught a thousand 2 inch brookies this weekend as well. Tis the season. They just got big enough to be aggressive and go after floating things, and... occasionally... get a hook in their mouths. Be careful with the little guys.

Little ones mean their parents are about somewhere. They're sooooo spooky on low water like that, they dart at 30 or 40 yards before you even see em when the water is slow. In these conditions I often only catch them if the holding water of the pool has some real current, and only a few holes do that. This rain may have helped you, if the water temp is good, go get em!

We just got to our rental and saw creek runs literally right behind the property. I checked it out. Saw one rise and it’s low but fishable. Is it worth trying out?
Did you stay in the log cabin? Been staying there for 5 years only really got into fishing it the last 2 we always have a great time. Ive caught native brookies and browns back there

Attachments

• FB64528A-8157-42B3-B700-940BB1D7898D.jpeg
    FB64528A-8157-42B3-B700-940BB1D7898D.jpeg
    500.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 5D020E3D-2411-4B38-BB64-4A112D149926.jpeg
    5D020E3D-2411-4B38-BB64-4A112D149926.jpeg
    196.7 KB · Views: 69
Saw creek, haven't heard that name in years. Caught a pile of brookies on wets when I fished there....many moons ago. Is Shahola creek near there? Think we fished there as well

Back