save me a spot.

redrockgrizzly

redrockgrizzly

looks like the green drakes will be on this week at Penns. ill be up wednesday and thursday. can someone save me a spot. ($-$-$) prime real estate will go early. the reports ive got is that Penns is already crowded. it looks like i have to be one the stream early afternoon just to get a spot. :-o

Redrock

After what I seen earlier this I think you better get there early for a spot. Penns was jamed with fishermen!

PaulG

My guess is that many of those guys took the gamble that this past week woud be "the week" but they were off a little...They've used up their kitchen clearance and the pressure will be lighter next week.

Glass half full Moe.

Dear redrock,

Just wait two weeks and go fish the drakes on Fishing Creek in Lamar where the fish actually eat them. :lol:

Regards,
Tim Murphy :)

TimMurphy wrote:
Dear redrock,

Just wait two weeks and go fish the drakes on Fishing Creek in Lamar where the fish actually eat them. :lol:

Regards,
Tim Murphy :)

Ummm, sometimes. In my experience, Fishing Creek is just as bad as Penns as far as the possibility of hitting an evening where there are Drakes everywhere but few rising trout.

It's like Penns, if you hit it right it can be great. Rainy days are best. But often, lots of bugs, few rising trout.

But on the freestone streams, the trout really do hit the Drakes. They water boils when the Drakes are on them.

i usually hit Penns and Fishing Creek. ill have to take a loan out so i can pay for gas.

This weekend will be a good one at Spring, with Penns drawing off most of the anglers. Until injury forced me to cancel, I was slated to fish there 6-3,4,5. In the past, I have found multiple hatches, with Sulphers usually at the top of the list. The only great Green Drake hatch I've had the pleasure to fish, was on Kettle, a freestoner, as mentioned above. An awesome site to behold, huge bugs crashing into the water and pods of trout steadily feeding til well after dark. When you are on crutches it is comforting to have such memories to relive. Hope you guys can find some trout fishing Nirvana, too!

Back