SAUCON CREEK HATCHERY PROPOSAL

R

rgrouse

Discussion of negatives at www.njtrout.com

First of all, from what I read and I didn't read all of the posts, is that some folks are under the erroneous idea that the hatcheries on Spring Creek and the LL do something positive for the fishery. At best it is neutral, the hatcheries aren't used to support the fisheriesin those 2 creeks, they only add more fish to streams that probably already have populations that are at or near carrying capacity.
A hatchery on Saucon Creek would not do anything for a fishery that already is 200 KG/HT. If anything it could be a negative impact. I think the Saucon chapter is in favor of the hatchery because they wrote about it in their most recent report to the State Council as if they were re-starting the hatchery.
A HATCHERY ON SAUCON CREEK IS A VERY BAD IDEA!!!

Maybe what I read I misunderstood, but the local TU does not support re-opening the hatchery. My guess is that the other 95 percent of trout anglers that couldn't care less whether a trout is stocked or wild are in favor of the plan because they know it will put more fish in the creeks come April 15-- or is it earlier this year for them?

Locals went through this when PFBC wanter to create the Special regs area in the beginning, I remember a petition going around and I was asked to sign it, when I heard the stream was already Class A I said Hell NO, I mean how many trout are enough? It became Class A without regulations, but these guys still want their 5 fish a day, and when they put in the special regs the population jumped to 190 KG/HT within about 3 years. So again how many trout are enough, they'll want to change the regs again and allow more harvest and soon the population will dive to below Class A.
Limestone streams should be treated differnetly than all other streams because they are something special!

Back