saucon and/or monocacy

daman1277

daman1277

Hope to fish either or both here in the next 2 weeks any recommendations since I have never fished either

daman

The Saucon is very low and clear, so the lies of the trouts are a little weird.

tl
les

So what do you recommend then les. This rain today should help. Was thinking of light line nymphing on the 3wt

Don't bother for a couple of days, both reached flood stage earlier today. But when you do, there will be small baetis hatching, small thin orange bodies with dun wings. Size 20 or 22.

Just looked and the monocacy is already on its way down. Which is good cause I wasn't planning on going to this weekend

the monocacy is fishing pretty good right now, and as long as the the water isn't chocolate brown, you can catch fish. Small tan caddis have been working for me lately. I have seen some very light colored mayflys too, but not many. I really like when the water is coming down from high water and has that nice green color. Euro nymph techniques work well then. Good luck if you make it out.

The rain yesterday and today will help the fishing in the Saucon. I haven't seen it but I'd expect it to be very off-color today, a bit better tomorrow, and in good shape Friday. I expect to get on it Friday and will be nymphing when I go.

I am hoping to hit this weekend

I generally hit the Saucon at least once a week. If anything Sunday is looking better for me and the for the fish!

Well the let's go Jr lol

Well then let's go Jr lol

Back