Sage ZXL

C

cody375

Just picked up a 9ft 5 wt Sage ZXL. Pretty excited, this is the first high end rod I have purchased. Can't wait to go try it out!

Congratulations, getting a new fly rod is exciting! Hopefully you've already cast it a few times before making the purchase?

I'm excited for you Cody whether you've cast it before or not. Let us know how it fishes!

ZXLs has all the positive characteristics of a fast rod yet surpisingly smooth feel when casted- congrats on the new stick!

Actually i have not casted the rod yet. I am in Afghanistan and wanted to have it waiting for me when i get back in 2 weeks. First place im going to hit up is the South Platte. I love living in Colorado! (for 2 more months)

Thanks for your service Cody, here's to a safe return to the States. I hope the rod is everything you've hoped it would be and you're able to put it to good use upon your return.

cody375 wrote:
Actually i have not casted the rod yet. [color=FF0000]I am in Afghanistan and wanted to have it waiting for me when i get back in 2 weeks.[/color] First place im going to hit up is the South Platte. I love living in Colorado! (for 2 more months)

Wishing you a safe return and great fishing!

Back