Sage repairs

NickR

NickR

Sent in a sage rod for repair on Aug. 16th. Called them on two separate occasions to inquire on progress of repair. They still have no record of ever repairing the rod. They told me the repair would take 3 to 5 weeks. Were heading into the sixth week now. When I get back home I need to call them back with a tracking number. I am not too happy with the extremely slow turnaround here. Any similar dealings with Sage?

Oh and the customer service repair person had a lousy attitude.

Now you made me upset that I named my cat after the company. Well she is a B*&^ch, would make sense.

That is good Becker. Keep that cat away from me or I will beat it senseless!

Sent a rod back about 2 years ago. The service was faster than Orvis, about 3 weeks.

Have you checked the tracking number to see if it was ever delivered to Sage? And I sure hope you insured it for the replacement cost.

Sent rods to them for repair at least 6 times over the last 200 yrs. Not the fastest turn around but never had a problem and they were always nice. Only one lady there doing that job as far as I know. Call me Nick

I had my XP back in 5 weeks. Not bad considering they had no blanks in stock and had to roll up and finish out a completely new rod.

Nick,

Sorry about the rod and bad experiance.

I broke my XP on Father's Day this year. Very friendly, reasonable turn, looks new.

I remain a Sage fan.

I, too, am curious about the tracking. Things get lost in transit.

I hope this has a happy ending for you.

I had a great experience. I seem to recall it taking three weeks, and this was over Christmas.
I don't know the details how it was shipped. The shop where i bought it packaged it up and sent it out for me, no charge.

I too had no trouble. I think if I remember right getting it repaired from canada cost me 50 bucks but I don't think it was that long of a wait.

It must just be me! Man I miss that rod!

Broken tip last year on my VPS. Sent it in with the $50 they require for "handling and shipping." Got it back 3 weeks later with a smashed tip top. I needed the rod for a trip in a week. I called. They told me to send it back priority overnight (cross-country)... they paid costs. Got it back in 5 days. They treated me extremely well. I found the rep to be the opposite of your experience... sympathetic, friendly and helpful.

Back