Sage One 12'-6" 7wt Spey Rod Plus Line, Head, etc.

hooker-of-men

hooker-of-men

I'm posting this for a friend who lives in Moorestown NJ. DM me, and I'll give you phone / email contact. Here's his description:

Excellent condition Sage One 12'-6" 7wt spey rod plus Airflo running line, matching Airflo skagit head and a few tips and looped sections of T-11. I bought the rod used some years ago and only cast it a few times. Never caught the steelhead bug so time to let this go. You can see from the pictures that this is basically new. You can read the excellent review of this exact rod at Deneki: https://deneki.com/2012/11/sage-7126-4-one-spey-rod-review/

Asking 400 + shipping. Also ok to meet in Philly & surrounds.

Image6
Image5
Image4
Image3
Image2
Image1
Image0

Mods,

Can this listing please be removed? The rod is now for sale on another forum that prohibits cross-listing.

Thanks very much!

Hey H-o-M, I know you're taking this down but I did have a question re the line designation. I've gotten away from 2-hand rods a bit. Is there a grain window for this rod or is it a true 7wt? I'm really just curious.

Hey H-o-M, I know you're taking this down but I did have a question re the line designation. I've gotten away from 2-hand rods a bit. Is there a grain window for this rod or is it a true 7wt? I'm really just curious.

The review linked above says this:

"We’re pretty fired up lately about fishing short heads, so we tested it with the Airflo Skagit Switch 480, 510 and 540. We liked all of them, which is the first thing to note – the ‘grain window’ (the range of heads through which it casts well) is pretty massive."

I'm not sure to what degree that answers your question. I don't know anything about two handers (and this rod is actually the only one I've ever even cast, years ago).

I asked the buddy who I listed it for to see if he knows a more precise grain window.

Back