S. York or centre county fishing buddy

W

Wayne92

I am looking for someone who wants to fish together. I live in southern York and have a camp in snow shoe in centre county. I absolutely love fly fishing but have had trouble finding someone to go out with. My wife will go with me occasionally and I go alone a lot but it would be nice to find some other people to fish with

I'm a little too far away but wanted to chime in about snow shoe. One summer for my job I used to start and end work every day in Snow Shoe. There's an excellent small stream near there, one of my all time favorites. I was wondering if you've fished it? Feel free to PM as I don't want to name it publicly. I used to hit it after work all the time, beautiful area!

Wish I could say I know it but I just started going up there last year and don't know my way around to good yet. I am still exploring and plan to make a lot of weekend trips this year to learn the streams more

The 2 places I fish the most :-D

I would love to hook up with you and fish streams other than Spring. However, back surgery scheduled for Tues. will put me out of commission for a while. Once I am able to at least stand up straight and walk without falling, maybe we can make that happen. I too frequently head up to State College alone for a day on Spring.

Wayne92 wrote:
I am looking for someone who wants to fish together. I live in southern York and have a camp in snow shoe in centre county. I absolutely love fly fishing but have had trouble finding someone to go out with. My wife will go with me occasionally and I go alone a lot but it would be nice to find some other people to fish with

You'll enjoy hanging out with us - your internet fishing buddies - and will eventually get to know some of the locals here in SCPA. If you're not already a member of Trout Unlimited, they too have meetings, social events, and often fishing trips.

The Codorus Chapter of TU will be meeting on Wednesday (2/10) in Spring Grove. See codorustu.org for details. Our meetings are a great place to socialize with local anglers and talk about York County streams. A bunch of our folks frequent Centre County as well. You're welcome to stop by even if you're not a TU member.

Back