Rubber net or soft nylon net

hunter1

hunter1

What's the pro's and con's between The soft nylon net I have and these clear rubber nets. I may replace the net on my Watcher trout net , she has the soft nylon now. Thanks.

Rubber net no matter what! I'll never use a mesh again. The rubber is easier on the trout and your hooks do not get snagged in it. Even if you pinch down barbs they still can get hooked onto the mesh nets and be a pain to get out plus they seem to snag onto every jagger bush you come across.

+1

Thanks, I was asking because I heard the rubber nets don't lay flat while hanging on your back of vest or bag.If this isn't the case, I was looking at the measure net nylon rubber coated bag that zips on the hoop, and a clear ghost rubber bag. witch one do you think is better. I'm getting one ofthem asap.

Get a rubber net similar to fishponds. Beat the hell out of it and put a boatload of fish in the bag and it'll be super loose just like you want it.

I have owned both. Rubber net bag is the way to go. Much easier on the fish and the big advantage IMO is hooks do not stick. Mine is a Fishpond Native and the bag lays down fine although not until I broke it in with a few nice trout! Ha.

Thanks, I went with the rubber measure net, I'll see if I like it.

I went with the fishpond net because I was tired of getting the hooks out of the nylon nets.

I got a rubber net at Wal-Mart (not proud of stating). I don't recall exactly but I think it was less than $30.

I use a frabill 3672 trout net. It has a rubber netting that is small and lays flat. Also can't beat it for ~ $20 on amazon. I tried to convince myself I needed a $100 fishpond net but in the end I didn't.

Back