Roll Up Tool Pouch

Rainier42

Rainier42

Looking for a roll up tool pouch to travel with. What do you all use?

What kind of vehicle or item are you needing to wrench on? The possibilities are endless.

Personally, for the car I carry jumper cables, a lug wrench, and a multi-purpose tool. And a AAA card.

For my motorcycle, I carry a simple roll that has wrenches to match the various bolt sizes, allen wrenches to match as well, a screwdriver, multi-purpose tool, a tire gauge, a tire plug kit, and a small air compressor. Every time I work on the bike I use the kit and if discover that I need to add something, I get one for the kit. Being a Honda, the bike kit has never been needed while traveling.

Looking for a roll up tool pouch to travel with. What do you all use?
As you posted this question in the Fly Tying section, I assume you mean for fly tying tools..

If so, I just use the pouch that I bought for my Renzetti Traveler but Hairline makes something that looks nice.

As you posted this question in the Fly Tying section, I assume you mean for fly tying tools..

If so, I just use the pouch that I bought for my Renzetti Traveler but Hairline makes something that looks nice.
I am a somewhat embarrassed idiot this morning. My apologies to Rainier42. My brain went straight to traveling.

The thing that makes it most funny is the ability to be able to relate to it.

I should have been more clear and yes, fly tying tools.

When I carry fly tying stuff on a trip, I put everything in a small tackle box.
A roll up pouch wouldn't work very well for carrying certain things - dry fly necks, head cement bottle, and such

Stonfo makes a nice travel tool kit I take with on trips.

When I carry fly tying stuff on a trip, I put everything in a small tackle box.
A roll up pouch wouldn't work very well for carrying certain things - dry fly necks, head cement bottle, and such
I only use my Renzetti Traveler pouch for tools, not materials. The same thing goes for a roll-up fly tying tool pouch.

That being said, it’s not often that when I tie on the road I am tying something I discovered I need that was hatching. Most of the time I am tying because it’s something to do when I’m not fishing. As a result I TRY and identify a few patterns I want to tie to fill my boxes and I only bring the materials for those flies. That eliminates dragging along a ton of materials.

It’s the same way I tie at home, one fly at time, no less than a dozen of each pattern & size and only the materials and tools for that fly on my desktop. As all of my materials live in Ziploc bags, it’s pretty easy to throw what I need in a zipper duffel bag including my vice, a light, a head loop, etc.

My bottles of head cements normally live a flat container held in place with blobs of poster putty so they don’t tip over. When I travel, that set-up goes in a Ziploc bag too that sits FLAT on the floor of my car until I get to my destination.

If you don’t know why, you’ll find out one of these days! ;)

Thanks all. I wound up ordering a Renzetti Traverler since I have a Renzetti vice and needed a way to pack it as well.

I use an old laptop case to carry a vise, base, lamp, tying tools and material. Works great and the price is right.

The plastic box from my dissecting kit I used in college.

I have also been using an old laptop bag to hold my travelling fly tying kit for years now. There are plenty of pockets for tools and doodads. There's also room in the main compartment for ziplock bags to hold materials, a plastic box with dividers for hooks and a place to hold my vise (I use a Renzetti Traveler which folds flat to travel). The bag works great and doesn't take up a lot of room. I often leave it in my truck under the back seat for "emergency" tying even on daytrips. Give it a try.

Back