Rod Loft/Rod Buckle Vehicle rod carriers

TimMurphy

TimMurphy

Dear Board,

Doe anyone use one or these carriers inside their SUV/van/truck/station wagon and if so would you mind posting a bit of a review?

I'm getting a new to me Suburban and am considering getting one of these carriers. I would like it to be able able to carry both assembled fly rods and baitcasting/spinning rods.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

I used a homemade rack when I had my ford van. copper pipe and pipe foam insulation, bungee cords to keep everything in place

Attachments

• IMG_2619.JPG
    IMG_2619.JPG
    695.4 KB · Views: 3
I know quite a few guys that use the Rod Loft Pro in their vans and SUV's. I had one in my old truck with a cap. I had to break the rods down, but it worked fine. For a Suburban, you shouldn't have to break most of your rods down. They're pretty durable and easy to use.

I have the Rod Loft Pro set up in my SUV. Have had it for three years now and it works great. I have it set up to carry 3 rod. It's never been out of my vehicle since I installed it. It was a good investment.

I have had the rod loft pro for about 5 years and use it in my Tahoe and my Dad's suburban. In the suburban I can fit a fully assembled 9' rod with room to spare. You might even be able to squeeze a 9'6". It really works well and holds the rods in place. The newer model Chevy SUV's have less places to attach the brackets, but where there's a will there's a way.

Back