River Quiver

wjkosmer

wjkosmer

For anyone interested, review of Riversmith's new River Quiver.

http://tcotrouttales.blogspot.com/2018/11/review-of-riversmiths-new-river-quiver.html

Interesting product, I have a truck with an 8 foot bed but if I ever move on to an SUV that looks pretty cool.

There are ways to mount with a truck, even without a cap if you do decide to go that route. I liked the old system I had inside the vehicle, but it just got in the way a lot of times.

Unless I started guiding these are way to much money for me. I can have four rods strung up in my car and it only takes minutes to string up a rod , but I could see the need for some people .

I do guide, and they make life much easier....but they are also great for multi-day trips as well as just moving from spot to spot, especially if you have other gear or people in your vehicle. I've seen more than one rod succumb to the dreaded heater vent haha.

I saw a pretty neat inside suv setup....tie heavy mono to the assist handles above the front seats and string it across. Can put the rods over top the mono and avoid the dashboard gotchas.

Yeah, I had previously installed a nice inside setup that held 8 rods, would post pic in this thread if I could ever figure out how the photos work on this site hahaha. It was nice, but I found it got in the way a good bit. It was a rack made by Inno (sp?) that had foam lined hooks in the front, and locking foam filled rings in the rear.

Photos....maybe

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1542836901530.jpg
    FB_IMG_1542836901530.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 6
  • FB_IMG_1542836914832.jpg
    FB_IMG_1542836914832.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 3
The River Quiver looks really nice. I've had the Trxstle version pre-ordered for several months but manufacturing issues have delayed them. Luckily, they didn't require any money to pre-order. They are a bit cheaper than either the rod quiver or the rod vault, but are untested. Anyway, if anyone is interested here's the website- https://www.trxstle.com/

Back