Ripple foam

albatross

albatross

My new chestpack has a fold down tray in the front lined with velcro loop material (I think). Does anyone know where I can get a ripple foam fly holder (prefereabbly with velcro hook on the back)? I've seen these things as part of a system, so you'd think someone would sell replacement fly holders. I can't believe I couldn't find them with a Google search, maybe I'm using the wrong keywords.

I use velcro placed on the back of my fly boxes. I ripple foam inserts and did not like them. I cut one down and user it as a fly holder. I like being able to switch out the boxes as I need them and have never lost a box outta the pack. Here is a pic.

second try http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg313/mattyb15601/chest.jpg

Albatross,
you could buy the ripple inserts and use sticky backed velco patches you get from walmart or a craft store to attach it and make it removable.

Bruno,

Thanks for your suggestion. I ended up putting a flybox with velcro in. I could have just put ripple material in, but I felt the flies would get crushed when I closed the front flap. The box is a great solution that will protect the flies when I close everything up.

Back