rio gold

C

country52

Fyi... cabelas has rio gold in wff line in 4,5,6 and 8# on sale for $40. It's an online only price.

According to the picture (which isn't always the be all end all), it's in the old packaging...which indicates that it's likely been sitting in their warehouse for a minimum of two years.

Not that it won't work, just food for thought.

Be aware of the shipping and tax
$ 8.95 shipping and about $3 pa sales tax - that 39.95 line is now over $51

9 bucks to ship a 6 oz box of fly line is ridiculous and hopefully the last time I mail order from this place.

The shipping is definitely stiff, but (in my area, at least) the bottom line price was still way cheaper than what I would pay in a retail shop. I finally got some floating line for my 8-wt. setup because of this sale.

Shipping is high but it is still cheaper than gas to drive there unless you live close to Hamburg. Also, if you have a Cabelas Visa, use promo code "clubfive" for $5 shipping.

FYI... Here's a little hack for anyone who doesn't want to over pay for shipping... Bass Pro will match this price. I had to call in my order yesterday. It took about 3 hours for them to confirm whether or not they were able to match the Cabela's price, but they will also give you free shipping if you mention that their website says free shipping February. Couple that with a $25 gift card I got for Christmas, and I just got myself some quality fly line for $17.75!!

Yep... Bass pro did a price match for me in the store too. I just showed them the sale add on my phone. Walked out with 2 boxes of line for $84.

Back