Rio Euro Nymphing Shorty Line

Biggie

Biggie

I wanted to give the Euro nymphing a try. So I purchased the Rio shorty line instead of going all in on a full euro line. This is only 20' of euro line witch you attach to your regular fly line. Then complete your leader set up and fish. Tried it out today on Spring Creek. Using perdigon zebra flies in a #16 and a #14 on the bottom. Very successful outing for me. Brought 5 to the net lost a couple. Fishing pocket water downstream of Paradise. I used the George Daniel leader set up that he shows on his euro nymphing videos.

Congratulations. I bought the Orvis Clearwater Euro Nymph 10' 3 wt. combo to take the Euro Nymphing class with TCO on Spring Creek. I caught 2 and lost 6.

I caught another one at my R&G club in the Poconos. I was telling other members about it. They said that they like to cast line, which I do too, but I also like to catch trout when I put in the time and effort.

This is why I have a four rod Rod Vault(www.denveroutfitters.com) rigged with different set ups.

I have a dedicated Euro setup strung with an extremely light level line. Cortland, I think. Impossible to do anything other than euro with it and it is deadly.
I bought a shorty to use when I’m am out with other rods. I found it unnecessarily long and the loop connection to the leader defeated the sensitive connection. And it was too much for my reel.

I intend to cut it in half or more and superglue a leader to it a la Devin Olsen and Lance Egan.

If anyone wants to get into Euro, buy that Olsen Egan video!

Back