Ridley Creek Current Fish Pops

I

InTheMend

Thinking about hitting Ridley this weekend and I was curious if anyone has fished it recently and if not what the fishing is like there this time of year. Are there usually a good amount of fish in the stream throughout the winter or do most of them die? Any info/update is appreciated. Thanks

Yo In

You might want to call The Sporting Gentleman in Media and make sure Ridley isn't iced up. Generally, the state and club stockies hold over the winter pretty well, as long as the poachers don't do them in.

I was at Ridley last weekend and its just about frozen over with only one or two holes open right below the falls. The ice should clear within a week with the predicted warming temps. Generally a good number of fish survive in the FFO section over the winter and they start stocking more right around this time of year.

Does anyone know if they stocked a few days ago? The website doesn't say rescheduled. Looking to introduce a new co worker to flyfishing tomorrow morning.

I was just in the park by the Colonial Plantation on 3/10 and a PFBC officer and stocking truck were there. Swung by to take a look and they were wrapping up stocking for the day.

Back