Ridley Creek and sulphur hatch

G

GStan

Are the sulphurs hatching on Ridley Creek. If so, is the stream as far as water temperature and level worth fishing at this time?

I fished it Friday afternoon. First time fishing there. Decent water and flow. Didn't see any sulphurs. Fished nymphs and midges. Caught 6 in around 2 hours. Lost a few including one on a double hook up. Broke off a 16" plus fish. Most action was on midges. Also had two inhale the yellow indicator.

Fished ridley creek last week and caught a nice slfur hatch up near the colonial mansion plenty of fish in the mix just lacking the risers...but I think the low flows and high temps kept the fish down...plenty of fish left in the whole strech of stocked water ( ffo through the mansion) seems like the bait crowd let more go then they kept this year...

I fished another stream in Del Co today and the water was 69 at 10:30. That was on a much bigger stream with better flow than Ridley.There are plenty of fish in most of the local streams, but the temps will be in the 70's unless we get a radial cold front (not likely). So if you are going to fish for trout in DE Co. you may as well keep them; chances of them surviving will be slim. I'm probably done around here till fall. If you must fish you owe it to the trout to carry a thermometer.

Back