Ricketts glen area help

Jessed

Jessed

I will be camping in ricketts glen state park for a weekend and was wondering if anyone could shoot me a pm about some info. I know you can't fish in the park.

You can fish in the park, just not in the glens natural area. Was just there last year, and the lake near the campground (lake jean) was drawn down but still had enough water for fish. Wished I had brought my 8 weight and largemouth stuff, because bass were crashing baitfish in the shallows every night. Looked to be some nice sized fish. If you are looking for trout, check out the county guide on the Fish and boat site. A lot of small class a streams around, but some are on/cross private and posted land. Beautiful part of the state.

jessed - Why would you not just fish in the natural area itself? From your previous posts, off limits to fishing areas on public land seemed like fair game in your mind? How's this different than say, a quarry in a SE PA state park?

LOL and right on Swattie!

Fishing Creek has a lot of open access for fishing. All the way from Lightstreet to Benton is stocked with fish.

Ron

I saw there was a bunch of class a streams in pa-118

Yes plenty of mountain streams that hold good trout populations.

I tried looking on google earth and Google maps. Saw maps saying there there but on the road view I don't see anything?

That's why you need to show up and explore, can't plan everything out on your computer... also streams are very low right now in this area and some of your first and second order Brookie streams are virtually unfishable and many of the larger streams are too warm to target trout right now.

It's in a month or so so hopefully there will be rain.

I haven't even bothered to fly fish anything around here recently. I can't remember the last time it rained.

I had an old-timer at the local carnival ask me if the fish have learned to walk in Muncy Creek yet.

Back