Resurrected Threads?

PennKev

PennKev

Has anyone else noticed what seems to be a surge in the number of old threads that have suddenly come back to life? Is there a limit on how long a thread can be inactive before you can no longer add a reply? I'm not sure if this is really a problem, I just find it a little weird.

Kev

I think it's due to a lot of new members doing their new member duty by reading some past threads. I think it's a good thing, because it means that people are using the search function. Beats threads about the same thing over and over again, imo.

jayL wrote:
I think it's due to a lot of new members doing their new member duty by reading some past threads. I think it's a good thing, because it means that people are using the search function. Beats threads about the same thing over and over again, imo.

I think you are dead on about the new member thing.

I just catch myself reading some threads from the beginning thinking "Geez this all sounds so familiar." Then I check the post dates and all but the last reply is like a year old.

Kev

I do the same thing Kev, and then I see one of my replies!

bikerfish wrote:
I do the same thing Kev, and then I see one of my replies!

Yeah, I usually see one of my old posts right about the time I start thinking about leaving a reply...

Just wait til farmer dave starts railing on you with a reply to a post you made a year or two ago! :lol:

But seriously, what flies do you recommend for a newbie?

Back