Resica Falls Scout Reservation fishing above the falls??

Marv_Levy

Marv_Levy

Me and my buddy are looking to head up one day and fish above the falls till we dont feel like walking anymore. Its only a 40 mile drive from home

I'm curious about the boy scout donation/registering. I saw on one of the info sites you could park along Firestone rd then it said something about registering with the boy scouts but didn't go into any further detail. I figured i would ask you fine people to see if anyone has fished here and what the deal is. I don't mind a small donation if need be the water above the falls looks great from google maps.

any tips or advice would be appreciated can never learn enough about fly fishing.

You may want to ask others on the Board about water temps. My age old info is that the stream gets very warm about now. Others with more recent info should feel free to clarify the typical summer temperature situation.

Go sooner than later. The Bushskill starts to gets warm right about now. You can still fish but watch your water temps. I've seen some year's back during a particularly hot June maybe 10 to 20 trout all bunched together near a cool stream running into the main river. When that happens time to head to the nearby Delaware for Smallies.

The cool weather this weekend seems to have extended the season, but a warm spell could change that in a heartbeat. Chubs and smallies are hitting, which means we are right on the edge.

I'm not sure what is happening with the donations. I never get contacted and can't find people around when I am there. Just park and the fishermen's areas and fish.

The cool weather this weekend seems to have extended the season, but a warm spell could change that in a heartbeat. Chubs and smallies are hitting, which means we are right on the edge.

I'm not sure what is happening with the donations. I never get contacted and can't find people around when I am there. Just park and the fishermen's areas and fish.

It's not a big deal to register. Go to the office. If no one is there call the cell no. posted on the door. Someone will come. It only takes a few mins. and will cost you $20.00. The money goes to the scouts. It is for a good cause.
The water there is a good temp right now. But true it will warm up after a while. Evening temps have been on the cool side which certainly helps. Although it is somewhat marginal water. It is one of the prettiest streams in the Poconos.

GenCon

Thanks for the replies every one you have all been helpful.

Back