Replacement

djs12354

djs12354

Stopped at A&G Outfitters and purchased another 10' 4 wt Clearwater outfit to replace the one lost a short time ago. (Obviously never recovered).

Took it out Saturday(took the skunk) and found that it felt lighter in my hand than it predecessor and seemed to cast a little nicer, as well. Orvis did add alignment dots to the rod and I really appreciate that feature.

Made damn sure all gear was in the truck before going anywhere. The lesson has been learned the hard way.

Knowing you that skunk won't last very long. Congrats on the new rod. :)

Rolf wrote:
Knowing you that skunk won't last very long. Congrats on the new rod. :)

+1

Congrats on the new rod...just rub a little fish slime on the rod from the first fish you catch and you will be back in business..

I did the same one time. Bought a Sage to replace it.

Hey, I wonder if that excuse would work on the wifey again?

Gotta love the new gear smell...

Though if you're anything like me, there's nothing more unnerving between that gear's first cast and its first fish than the irrational fear that you may have bought cursed gear and that it'll never catch a fish.

Cold wrote:
Gotta love the new gear smell...

Though if you're anything like me, there's nothing more unnerving between that gear's first cast and its first fish than the irrational fear that you may have bought cursed gear and that it'll never catch a fish.

Dip the rod tip in Spring Creek. It removes most curses.

I think Cold's response can also go with the superstition thread.

Broke the new rod in on a couple today.whike fishing where I lost it's predesscor.

One was a nice size fish that opted for the long ine release option. The one brought to hand was a bear of a fight only to have it be a 18 inch sucker. :lol: :lol:

could not slime the handle - I forgot to take the clear plastic wrap off!!! :oops:

Congratulations on the new rod Dave.

Gencon

franklin wrote:
I did the same one time. Bought a Sage to replace it.

Hey, I wonder if that excuse would work on the wifey again?
If you have enough rods, the 'wifey' won't be able to figure out if you bought a new one.

Back