Repeat Offender

Swattie87

Swattie87

Caught this fish twice, from the same spot, on two consecutive outings at this stream this year. First time 06/19/22, second time 10/9/22.

It’s likely the fish was caught, or almost caught, at least once prior to my encounters, given the old jaw injury.

Interesting study in how much their coloration can change throughout the course of the year. The spots don’t lie though.

I didn’t measure it either time, but it grew a little length wise, and was a little heavier all around the second time.

98634C07 D4FF 4A34 94FC C94F63566F3B
AF46CD59 A58C 409D A9C4 93F9B37582CD

Edit: Check that. I went back further through my pictures for this stream when downloading today’s photos. I’ve caught it three times…12/13/20. Still had the jaw injury back then too. I don’t recall exactly where it was in 2020, but from my chronology of photos from that day, it likely was in the same spot then too. I’ve caught the same fish twice numerous times, but this is the first time I can confirm catching the same fish three times. There was one outing in February 2021 where I didn’t catch it, but of the four times I’ve fished this stream, I’ve caught him three times. Gonna kinda be sad if I don’t catch him next time.

7CFD1EED 35B4 4585 97E1 8B4375A99DD0

Last edited:
Looks like a survivor. I always wonder what does it take to injure the fish so much that it loses a mandible like this? I catch some like this every year.

Pretty neat. Colors change, but their spot patterns don't seem to. Almost like a finger print.

That's cool.

The sign that you fish one spot too much is if you name him. So, don't name him.

Looks like a survivor. I always wonder what does it take to injure the fish so much that it loses a mandible like this? I catch some like this every year.
Probably infection or loss of blood supply.

Or it just gets torn off outright.

Destroyed mandible...aka Colorado lip. Improper removal of barbed hook, barbless hook removed way too violently or hook caught in net as fish gator roll.

You never found a fish with a mouth like that on the Delaware and now 50% of them have jacked up mouths

Destroyed mandible...aka Colorado lip. Improper removal of barbed hook, barbless hook removed way too violently or hook caught in net as fish gator roll.

You never found a fish with a mouth like that on the Delaware and now 50% of them have jacked up mouths
I actually feel sorry for some of those fish up there the way they are beat up.

Back