Repair old waders or replace

T

Toomanyhobbies

I have an older pair of cheapy F&S breathable I bought a ****s about 5-6 years ago. Last year the right booty got a pinhole in the heel of all places. This year I forgot about that issue and used them a few times already and bought some Auquaseal and did the repair as per their directions, well they still leak in the same exact spot. Does Auquaseal work on neoprene? Other than that one small leak they have been very good waders especially for breathables under 100 bucks!

No. You need to use another piece of neoprene over that neoprene. It can be done, but its pretty pointless.

Buy a new pair.

To get 5-6 years out of a pair of waders is good. To get that out of a cheap pair is IMO outstanding. They have served their purpose but it's time to dig in the wallet and buy a new pair.

Go with ll BEAN. LIFETIME GUARANTEE. Just don't abuse it.

As WildTigerTrout said...^^^

Time for a new pair.

The Field & Stream waders last me about 3 months max...you should fish more often!!!

It's worth a try to fix them. Aquaseal does work.

Check out those LLBeans….In the long run you will be saving$.

Don't do what I do. I've always been a cheap skate and have used $50.00 boot foot Prolines from discount places for years. I never get through a season without tons of pinhole leaks. I have 3 pairs of useless waders hanging in my garage at the moment.

Agree with KeithS on LL Bean waders. I have the Kennebec stocking foot jobbers and love them. Sizing is great, tough waders, and the lifetime warranty. More like peace of mind from warranty.

Thanks for your thoughts! Yes I need to get out more often but if they sold these again I would buy them! Like I said other than this small leak they have held up well for being at least 5 years old and road hard and put away wet many times,lol. 90% of the fishing I do is steelhead and the creeks and streams I fish I don't have to wade in very deep so I think I'll keep these, try to repair them and use them for my float tube and look into wading pants. I like everything Frogg Togg has to offer but limited reviews, F&S has wading pants and priced well but all the reviews Ive read said the boots fall apart or I might splurge for the Orvis convertibles.

I aquasealed my feet on my neoprene waders and it held up all year. I turned them inside out and put water to see the exact spot of the leak, then sealed it on both sides and it hasn't leaked since and it was more than a pinhole.

Back