Removable Parasol/Dandilion Emergers

MKern

MKern

First off I cannot take credit for this idea, only the flies. Littleleighigh sparked my mind with these ideas.

He said to me is/if it's possible to have dandilion emergers, like the one's I've posted before, but instead of having to tie a bunch make the dandilion part go on any fly. These just slide on and off like a lot of indicators. The tippet material just slides through the eye of the hook, around the fly, and is latched down at the head of the fly.

First picture is a removable parasol (you know how they have parasol emergers). However, this is removable and can be used on any nymph.

This was pretty easy; 7x tied in a loop and the tag ends around tied around para post material.

The second picture is the parasol attached to a fly. The idea that any nymph can be turned into an emberger with a built-in indicator.

The 3rd pic is a dandilion with the 7x. Here the tippet material forms the body and dubbing is wrapped over. This version has it all, including a wing (which could be ommitted and mke the tie easier).

The 4th pic is the dandilion attached to a fly.

Corey (aka LL) also mentioned that if a fish took the hookless emerger this wouldn't help.
So the 5th pic is a wetfly with a loop dropped out the back. The tippet take the place of tails and represents them.
Here you have the option of having a dropper with a hook (and inch away) or withou, not counting as a fly (like and extended wiggle nymph).

The problem with this is the 7x breaking strength if you use the double hook and inch apart.

*Please keep in mind that I just used a iso nymph that was lying on my desk and this isn't indended to be an iso emerger. And I know the tippet isn't secured to the fly's head; I just didn't tie it down.

** An easy way to make this idea go on any fly, but would have to be cut off, would be to tie a single piece of mono and run it through the eye and tie a anchor knot.

Attachments

• DSC09343.JPG
    DSC09343.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC09351.JPG
    DSC09351.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC09346.JPG
    DSC09346.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC09349.JPG
    DSC09349.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC09352.JPG
    DSC09352.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 6
You made it much more simple and effective then how I was trying it nice job now you need to get out and test it!

Let us know how it goes. I may try it myself towards the end of the week.

Back