REGAL...pedestal base options

BruceC2C

BruceC2C

Any GravelBar, will do just fine. 365. Fresh&Salt
good afternoon
Asking help to identify sources, other than REGAL, for a SUPER stable ( heavy weight NOT a problem) base to team with my soon to b delivered

Regal Medallion Fly Tying Vise C-Clamp - Midge Head​

Being the Regal " standard" base is $100 +/-,
looking for comparable stability, more budget friendly.

ThankYou

Any base that accepts a 3/8’s stem will work. most vises have a 3/8’s stem so finding one for about 20 bucks should be pretty easy. I have a regal and I didn’t like the base so I just made my own with a piece of scrap plate steel, a 3/8’s machine bushing, and a set screw. plenty of options.

Reactions: CRB
I bought the clamp model Regal, and used the base from my old Thompson 360.
I did have to thread the stem, which was no big deal.
We had a tap and die set at work

Might want to try one of these... https://flystones.net/
I had a nice big one for a while, but gifted it to a friend that ties at the big shows. I bought the Regal bronze pocket base and couldn't be happier.
Mike B

In fact, any base should work since the other popular size of a vise stem is 10mm which is 7/100mm‘s larger than 3/8’s. 7/100‘s ain’t going to make a difference.

If you want it cheap and heavy, i recommend making your own. I bought a replacement drill chuck (keyless) for like $15 and picked up a free piece of field stone from a local landscaping company. You could probably find a nice chunk of marble or granite from a local countertop company as well. it's nice and sturdy and i like the extra weight. The only other supplies you need are a few rubber stick on feet for the base and some JB Weld to secure the vice.

Vice base1

Back