Redington Drift reel.

NCPAtrtbum

NCPAtrtbum

Ok so... I've had this reel for what 4-5 months now and this morning I went to take it apart to clean and grease it up (since it's been submerged in the water more times than I care to remember) and I go to take the cap off the quick release spool mechanism and the two parts fly out.. I still have them but, I can;t for the life of me figure out how the hell they sat in there!

Does anyone on here own this reel (Redington Drift 3/4) and could possibly help me out with this? haha

I'm not sending it back to Redington for 40 bucks so they can arrange two pieces of medal properly :roll:

Any feedback would be nice, thanks.

did a little booklet come with the reel showing the parts list?...probably should have

No they can't include that because of the patent, I called and asked them if they had a schematic for the drift and the response was "we do but, we can't release it to the public".

that's kinda the point of a patent, combined with the fact they're being machined in a chinese shop somewhere and thus cloned anyways.

someone fed you a bs line.

I suppose so, I didn't really understand that when the tech guy said that. Whatever I'll mess around with it tomorrow it's only a matter of time before I end up figuring it out.

Oh, I have a Guru.
Fixed this damn thing today, was toying around with while watching the office and figured it out.. kind of embarrassing now that I know how it works.. haha.

Back