Redington Butterstick

J

JackHammer

Hello All,

I'm in search of a Redington Butterstick 6'0 2wt......anyone have one that they're interested in parting with?

JackHammer wrote:
Hello All,

I'm in search of a Redington Butterstick 6'0 2wt......anyone have one that they're interested in parting with?

The Fly Shack has them in stock here.

Cool, thank you....I swore I seen they didn't have them. Thanks.

Hi Jack.

I'm a fan of modern glass. I have a couple of butter sticks and do enjoy fishing them all.

One of them is the 6' 3WT (original yellow) but I'm not too interested in parting with it (sorry). But . . . If you're looking for a modern glass rod in this size & weight range, I encourage you to take a close look at the 6'6" 3 WT Fenwick Fenglass. I think it's really impressive, esp. at a used price point (they pop up on EBay new/used in the $150 range).

A tad longer and heavier than what you're looking for - the Fenglass fishes really well w a 3 WT but absolutely sings for me with a 4 WT - but if I'm reaching for something short, I'll grab the Fenglass over the butterstick 99 out of 100 times.

BTW, of all my fly rods past and present, the Fenglass 6'6" 3 WT and 7' 4 WT are the only two rods I actually bought doubles of and stashed them in the basement rafters as a just in case.

Also check here for a good deal: https://detteflies.com/collections/fly-rods/products/fenwick-fenglass

Good luck.

Thank you afishinado, I have one on the way.

Back