• Start date
FishingCreekEmerger

FishingCreekEmerger

Any good?

Attachments

• 2012-04-12_00-31-09_882-1.jpg
    2012-04-12_00-31-09_882-1.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 13
Looks great. It is the same tie I've been using to fool trout during the Hendrickson hatch for over 45 years.

I just scored some urine stained belly fur from a vixen in heat :) . My wife thinks i am nuts but good ole art called for it many years ago... i will post a pic.

Those are horrible! Send me all of them so you're not embarrassed in fishing them.

jrcll has this quill material from some shop out west that looks great. No need to wet them. He handed me a pack last year and I've tied up a few of them. Can't recall what they're called though.

Nice tie!

I got a Rhode Island Red rooster cape from dettes trout flies up in Roscoe,NY last year for like 12.00

I suspect the cork you embedded the hook point in really helps it float but hook ups may be tough :) In all seriousness - beautiful fly. Proportions look good, nice job with the quill body.

she's a beaut. I will be trying to whip some up for the weekend. I know they wont look that good!

If you'll overnight a dozen to the delaware river club I'll field test them fri, sat and sun and let you know. Seriously, that's the pattern I rely on. Why I was complaining about the colors of biots and quills. We've had fish clobber them on the wb even with the quill flapping in the breeze. Nice tie.

Hey JP last weekend when the hendricksons came off and the fish turned on there were several fish taken in Lourdsville and Balls Eddie on this req quill. I had some sad boys in my crew who were using some pink looking thing :).

Back