Recommended Pocono Guide??

Z

Zak

So a person I work with has a son coming in from Texas and he would like to do some October Fly fishing in PA. Can anyone recommend a decent guide in the Pocono region. Stroudsburg Area?? He's pretty green so not a seasoned fly fisherman by any means. Also doesn't have the equipment. There's some on the internet but I perfer recommendations whenever possible. Thanks for any suggestions!

That is a great choice. What water was he hoping to fish? Small nameless ones or a more famous one?

Another thumbs up for Ben. He is from that area and knows the streams well. Also, he is a great teacher and can help out a beginner with instruction and equipment. Good luck.

Ben is first class

I'm thinking he would probably listen to the guides suggestion on that considering conditions and best chance of beginner success.

Again Ben Turpin great guy and first class rod builder.

Go with Turpin. He'll put you on fish. Especially in October in that area fishing can be really good. Hes a great guy and knows the area better than anyone up there.

I agree with all above. Turpin.

Don Baylor.

Ben or Don, both great guys for the Pocono streams but I don't think Don really commercially guides much at all but Ben certainly does as that's how he makes his living. You definitely won't be disappointed in Ben.

Back