Recommend a good chest pack?

M

mgh-pa

Starting to gear up (no pun intended) for my second season on the water (getting excited), and while I thought my traditional Cabelas vest would suffice last year, I really didn't like the bulk (it's sized a little big to begin with). I'm looking at going with a nice, light weight, relatively low profile chest pack that won't break the bank. Any suggestions as I'm doing my research?

I too bought a low-profile pack when I first started. After one year of fishing I was ready for an upgrade and bought a Down's from Hillie's.

I'm not going to say the $30 I spent on a small low-profile pack was a waste, but....

Everyone's bound to go through a series of changes until they decide what fits them.

I'm on my fifth revision.

san-juanmain1.jpg

Fishpond - San Juan Vertical Chest Pack

My girlfriend got this for me for Christmas. I've already fished with it a couple of times and really love it. You can make it into a chest pack, turn it into a sling pack, or even wear it on your wading belt (it has a belt loop). It has ample storage inside and plenty of areas to hang stuff off of. It's great for those times when you don't need every single piece of gear you own.

william and joseph confluence chest pack , wyomingflyfishing.com 69.00 its a steal , light weight , hydration compartment (bladder sold seperate , zingers in front (little weak though ) overall a awesome light weight pack that will hold a ton of gear ! GOOD LUCK

Check out the Orvis chest pack. I like it over the W/J because it has a D ring on the back for a net. I didnt see the need for pockets on the back so went with that one.

Back