Reading the Water

afishinado

afishinado

Staff member
Below is a link to a series of short videos about the basics of reading the water, stealth and some casting tips.

http://howtoflyfish.orvis.com/chapter-eight-play-all-videos

Good videos as always.

Has anyone fished the Loyalhanna? I can't seem to find the Trout there...

The book "Halcyon Days" does a good job of putting this on paper , does any of y"all read (no pun intended).......those are some very good videos AFISH

RCFetter wrote:

Thanks for posting afish. Orvis is a great company.
I agree wholeheartedly.

There website has a ton of info and guidance, fun videos to get u thru the cold winter, own a bunch of books and TRosenbauer's "Guide to FFishing" is becoming one of my favorite shows.

Great company and thinks for linking Afish.

Thanks Afish. Im looking forward to checking out your link. Reading water may be the most important and overlooked aspect of fly fishing. I should know as I'm not very competent when it comes to breaking down a stream. Mental note, 2014 resolution. Get better at reading water.

turkey wrote:
Thanks Afish. Im looking forward to checking out your link. Reading water may be the most important and overlooked aspect of fly fishing. I should know as I'm not very competent when it comes to breaking down a stream. Mental note, 2014 resolution. Get better at reading water.
You can read water here

Don't water down this thread, csoult.

Back